Thursday, March 11, 2010

My big 5 year old!

And so yesterday Annabelle turned 5! It seems crazy! We let her open one small present in the morning before Chris went off to school. She played with it most of the morning....play doh scissors...
Later we went to the nursing home where my mom works. We took a little tour and even went in the kitchen. We had to wear hairnets and the girls looked super adorable. Annabelle told everyone there that it was her birthday and she was 5. Super proud of herself for turning a year older!
We also did some shopping and got Annabelle some much needed rain boots. She's outgrown her old ones. She also found $5 on the floor in WalMart. No one was around and so I let her keep it. She bought a Polly Pocket and couldn't have been more happy. She swore it was her birthday luck that she found it. We also played in the mall and Chris met us there. He took her to the candy store in the mall because she requested a visit there on her birthday (after I told her we couldn't go to the zoo haha) We went out to eat, went home, opened presents, had cake, and watched a movie together. It was a nice day!
As for Elsie, she has been walking! She's taken up to 7 - 8 steps all on her own. She loves to do it, but has to feel safe. She won't venture out into the middle of the room unless one of us are there with our arms open wide, waiting. She will walk from the doorway to the chair, chair to the couch, etc. She falls in between but gets right back up :) She is so proud of herself and so am I!
Elsie is also understanding things a lot better. She will do simple things we ask like "sit down."
Both girls are loving the warmer weather. They adore taking walks and playing outside. Today Annabelle put her boots to good use at the MUDDY park. First we fed the geese and Elsie found it totally hysterical. She would laugh every time Annabelle threw out a piece of bread. I kept telling her "geese! geese!" and finally I said "bird" and she picked that up and said "bir bir bir!" And eventually I told her they were like ducks. She also picked that up and said "duh, duh, duh" She's said both words before and since "geese" isn't a top priority word to teach her (hehehe) I let her call them ducks :) We'll let it slide for now!!
Of course there were some geese dominating the food and so I was calling them names. As we were walking away Annabelle asked if it was a bad word. I had no idea which word she meant, though I didn't think I said any BAD ones. So I said no and she said "BYE YA JERKS!" haha.
They are both pooped out at the moment. All this fresh air does us good!

No comments:

Post a Comment