Thursday, August 26, 2010

Huge day

So it's obvious I've put off updating. And I need to catch everyone up. However, I only have time to say that today is Annabelle's first day of kindergarten. She is excited and nervous. When we dropped her off there were no tears from either of us, but it was heartbreaking. I cannot believe she is THIS big already!!
Also today Elsie pooped in her potty! We've had it sitting out for weeks because she doesn't like when her diapers are dirty or wet and tells us right away that she needs changed. So we've been telling her to go on her potty and she won't have a dirty diaper. Today she took the diaper off and was sitting on the potty. I didn't think much of it because she always messes around on it. But a minute later she was standing up saying "blehhhhh" pointing at her potty. I was SO excited. She wasn't sure it was OK so I kept telling her how good she was and hugging her. I gave her candy and a sticker. After I cleaned the potty out and she saw it wasn't going to stay in there she was fine. She smiled when I asked her if she pooped in her potty. :D
I know she won't be potty trained for a while, but the fact that she knows what to do in there is a huge deal! I'm so proud of her.
Now we are just going to have a day alone and wait for Annabelle to come home. I cannot wait for her silly stories about her day. I wish I could peak in on her and see what she is up to :)

No comments:

Post a Comment