Saturday, May 1, 2010

More updates




And so it is offical. Annabelle can read! :) She is so smart. I'm embarassed to say I haven't worked with her as much as I should have. However, one night I read her a book (for the second time ever) and when I was done she asked if she could read it to me. I said sure and was expecting a bit she may have memorized here and there. She took her finger, placed it on the first word, and off she went. She read the whole book with very, very little help sounding things out. It amazed me! And so she's been reading beginner reading books for the past week now. She's sitting here with me reading parts of this that she can :D My big girl.




As for Elsie, she's running, still warming hearts wherever she goes, and getting into more stuff! She feeds herself now. When it's something she can't do alone I have to get another spoon and slide in bites. Such an independant girl!!




After her bath a couple nights ago she was still messing with the bottle of lotion (a favorite of hers) and I passed by the kitchen table, saw a small piece of garlic bread from dinner that was left behind, grabbed it, and threw it away. Then I sat on the couch. A minute later Elsie came in the room eating the garlic bread. I laughed and let her have it, but decided I better look in the trash to make sure nothing too gross was right on top. I looked in and saw the lotion she had been playing with! She switched out the lotion for the bread. haha. Turd. I had previously rescued things like crayons and such from the trash. There's been other incidents since as well. Toys and such thrown away. What a help!!




Annabelle is registered for kindergarten now. And she is nearing the end of her dance classes. She will have her recital at the end of the month. I am so excited for her. She does a great job in class!




No comments:

Post a Comment